News and Events > Call for Proposals – Interdisciplinary Initiatives
Call for Proposals – Interdisciplinary Initiatives
The Research Institute for the Humanities (RIH) invites proposals from faculty members to establish interdisciplinary initiatives in the Faculty of Arts that explore, incubate and foster new knowledge, fresh ideas, or innovative methodologies in the humanities. The purpose of this initiative is to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration among faculty members with shared intellectual interests and ready to develop research in new areas with the support of a knowledgeable, diverse group of colleagues.
Research Groups and Research Areas
- Each group should have three or more faculty members from at least two disciplines or programmes.
- We welcome proposals centered on interdisciplinary collaborative research in the arts and humanities around a theme, a geographical area, a historical period, a genre, a concept, a paradigm, or any other well-defined topics.
- Each proposal should include plans for faculty seminars and/or small-scale workshops.
- We encourage collaborations with scholars and practitioners outside the Faculty of Arts or beyond CUHK.
Coordinator of the Research Groups
- Each group should have a Coordinator who is responsible for managing group activities.
- The Coordinator will submit the application on behalf of the group and present a report on group activities at the conclusion of the academic year.
- The Coordinator will also help manage the expenses of the group.
Support to Research Groups
- The RIH will provide logistical assistance (such as scheduling a meeting/event space and making arrangements for visiting scholars) to the group.
- Each group will receive up to HK$150,000 to cover the costs of organizing any of a wide variety of activities—from workshops to academic conferences, exhibitions to performances and movie screenings, or other unique initiatives designed to advance the academic profile of the Faculty of Arts. A group may submit a special request for other expenses.
Interested faculty members should submit a preliminary proposal according to this template.
Completed proposals should be sent to email@example.com by 9 June 2023. Applications will be reviewed by the Director of RIH and endorsed by the Faculty Dean. Results will be announced in July 2023.